HELLO DEAR KIND SOULS
I have a question for you. What did the left eye say to the right eye?
Between you and me, something smells.
I know, you’re laughing your heads off!
HO-HO-HO-ING TO HEALTH!
Research shows that humor is good medicine — and can actually help keep you in good health!
Negativity causes an immune system to weaken. Positive attitudes, (Laughter) according to medical experts, is good for those who are sick and for those who want to stay well. Laughter is like inner jogging. It is said that laughing 100 times a day is the cardiovascular equivalent of 10 minutes of rowing. A good belly laugh exercises your heart as well as your circulatory and respiratory systems. Laugh out loud and you’re likely to get facial, shoulder, and diaphragm muscles into the act too.
How do you keep humor in your life?
Watch / look for funny movies or drawings containing people as well as animals. Look for, or share funny jokes, you might just get some in return. Post funny pictures on your refrigerator, walls, bathroom mirror etc. Keep refreshing them from day to day or week to week! Be creative!
And, like exercise, laughter reduces stress, which is exactly what everyone needs at some time or other. (Remember…get some exercise daily as well!)
THE FOLLOWING ARE ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENTS TAKEN FROM CHURCH BULLETINS — FUN!
- Wednesday, the ladies Liturgy Society will meet. Mrs. Johson will sing, “Put Me in a Little Bed” accompanied by the pastor.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Thursday at 5:00 P.M. there will be a meeting of the Little Mother’s Club. All those wishing to become little mothers, please meet with the minister in his study.
- On Sunday, a speical collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wanting to do something on the new carpet, come forward to get a piece of paper.
- A bean supper will be held Saturday evening in the church basement. Music will follow.
- The rosebud on the alter this morning is to accounce the birth of David Alan Belser, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belser. (Yes, they used the word sin by mistake!).
DID YOU KNOW? Fun information!
1. Pearls melt in vinegar.
2. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year’s supply of footballs.
3. It’s possible to lead a cow upstairs…but not downstairs.
I hope you are all doing well. Keep a positive attitude. Practice patience, keep your humor going!